Thursday 1 January 2009

New year and resolutions

Oh its the beginning of a new year. I heard the yells of few guys who've been trying to enjoy themselves, shouting as much as possible high in adrenaline - ofcourse.
Lucky that I was able to reach few of my friends who were in high spirits and very positive about the new year.
Some one asked me that boring question, "What is your new year resolution?". I thought, "Do you have a new year resolution?" would have been better.
I've been looking for a boring reply for it for ages and atlast found one fitting enough - "Well, each day is special and if you want a resolution you can take one on any day of the year".
Well that is a stupid yet common question to be asked on a New year's day. Most people like me haven't yet learned to continue the conversation in the same vein after the wishes, so are forced to ask that question.. I don't know how many people actually have a resolution each year let alone follow it through the year.
Hmm... I don't have one this year and hope I'll have something else to ask people after dawn.

3 comments:

mechatroengineer said...

Hi Mak!! Even though its a boring question,that made you to post another blog after July 2008.Thanks!! to that buddy who asked you this question.

Prawintulsi said...

//Most people like me haven't yet learned to continue the conversation in the same vein after the wishes//

Good one da...

See this transparency in writing and self criticism (secretly criticizing others) is a very nice trait

Anonymous said...

I have one new thing for this new year....Cause i was readin The God Delusion on new year's day...
To spread the truth...