Friday 9 January 2009

Foresight

What it will be like if you know the reply that the girl you are goin to propose is to give you? What it will be like if you get the idea that you are not gonna to get the pay rise or the promotion that you were desperate for? You are goin tripps on a saturday night and the odds are high to be caught by a sleepy policeman? If you are watching the last over of a nail-biting cricket match and yet know the result?
Life'll be pretty boring. huh

I was running hard to keep pace with him in the humid afternoon of that city. I had already kept him waiting for quite some time as is the case always.
I'd have left him behind had it been one of those days when I'd have given most of the guys my age a run for their money. It was not to be as I jogged behind him burning as much calories as I could.

Finally when we reached the entrance, I found that the counter was in the 2nd floor. Cursing my fate, we took the stairs and I thrust a 100 note into the gap that was available, gasped for breath and said, "rendu ticket chetta".

We were just in time as we took our seats and the credits had just started rolling. It was a Tamil thriller and I hoped it would make me feel better for the bad afternoon.
He was still upset with me for being late and getting ourselves soaked by running in the hot sun and was muttering and complaining that the AC was not on and there were no fans nearby either.
At that moment I'd have given anything to keep him shut and mulled for possibilities.
May be I'd punch him square in the jaw, or take away his glasses. Or just get up and sit some where else.
His complaining stopped only after the heroine came on screen, so were my thoughts.
After few minutes though, he was at it again, blaming the slow & meandering screenplay, poor editing and dubbing and so and so.
Watching a whole lot of Iranian, Korean and French movies recently have set his expectations high. Finally, he wanted some air and moved to a seat that was directly below the fan. I was really grateful for him to have done that.
I rushed to the toilet so as to avoid his commentaries during the interval, but was forced to sit beside him when it resumed.
I found that the songs were not hummable nor was the comedy rib-tickling - rather pathetic. But I hung on bravely. His mutterings stopped completely as climax neared. I thought if I should check his pulse to make sure he was not dead, because he was silent for such a long time.
Finally, the twist element in the movie made it worthwhile to sit through the torture, he said.
He was clearly impressed in the end that he ever kindly asked for my opinion.

I had a fanatic as my friend who makes it a point to watch all the movies that reach the theatres, no matter how good they are, within the first few days. He had this honour of letting me know about this twist in the movie in the morning. So, I was infact trying my best not to tell the perennial in-your-face guy about it.
I did tell him in the end though.
I've been made to look like a fool quite a few times before. I knew that Bruce Willis was a ghost even before he appeared in a scene in sixth sense and knew the inspiring ending of Shawshank Redemption before-hand.
Now the only thing I want to avoid is, to know the day when I'm going to die.

6 comments:

Sivarajan said...

Hai,
its nice to see the photo what i have taken ! Looks gud ! put some of ur love stories in ur blog ! i think it brings up some audience to the blog ! Please correct me if am wrong.

mechatroengineer said...

Hi Mak,A good posting..the idea was nicely co-related with the movie..I'm impressed..

My View: Most of your posting are reflecting your past.Try to avoid that and write a complete new story.

Prawintulsi said...

Again...Striked with amazing writing!!

Well started and Excellently ended!!

The good sense of humour here and there add good taste to the reading.

Expecting a full length story from you!

Anand said...

Good da..I like short blogs..keep yours always short to kindle everyone to read.

Storm Searcher said...

ha ha.. hilarious!! :)
accidentally stumbled into ur blog and had good time! :) a serious subject explained in ur joyous narration had a double impact.. looking for more frm u.. keep writing..
-RP

Makesh Kumar said...

Dei Ravi,
Thanks for the comments again...